The paint is ready to use straight from the bottle, so there is no need to mix it with any other ingredients. Once applied and dried the pigment is sealed within the surface – no dust or smudges!
Sweet Sticks Metallic Edible Art Paint can paint on many surfaces such as:
Crusted buttercream (Butter and sugar only recipes)
Fruit ie: Berries
Side note: Sweet Sticks metallic paint works on some royal icing recipes but not on all therefore we do not recommend painting on royal icing. If you have success, please share your recipes for others to enjoy.
Best Tips & Tricks to get you started!
• There is a lot of lustre in one bottle. We highly recommend before use to open the lid and give the product a good stir as the lustre might be stuck at the bottom of the bottle. If that is the case when you try and paint you might be left with a transparent finish. Open lid, stir until all ingredients are mixed well, put the lid back on and give a quick shake. If this step is done correctly you will have a beautiful thick, opaque metallic paint.
• Brushes play a big role in your overall quality finish. If using a cheap quality brush you may be left with brush strokes and an uneven finish. Invest in quality brushes if you can.
• Drying time can vary based on what surface you are painting on, how thick the coat is and humidity levels. For a quicker dry time we recommend thin coats and avoid painting in high humidity conditions. Drying needs to be done by air drying. If not air dried correctly you may be left with an after taste. Be sure to have it touch dry before placing it into the fridge. When dry your surface will be rub free and tasteless.
• If you are new to Sweet Sticks products we always recommend getting yourself familiar with them first. Practice before using on your finished product to achieve a successful result.
• Sweet Sticks best before date is their recommended times to use the paint within to get the best results. The ingredients used do not have an expiry date as such but the quality may not be the same if used outside the best before dates.
Most importantly, have fun!
Kosher certified by Kosher Australia. ID Number HZB-SNJB
Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Glaze(Shellac, Ethanol 14 %) , Coloring: MCA-BASED Pearescent Pigments, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide